COVID-19 Unemployment Insurance at CDMX
Did you know you can access unemployment insurance if you work and live in Mexico City?
In recent days, the Secretary of Labor and Employment Promotion of Mexico City, activated a program for the contingency of COVID-19, the program consists of an unemployment insurance in case you inadvertently lost your formal job in Mexico City.
Through this unemployment insurance, you can receive a support of the monthly value of the Unit of Measurement and Updating (UMA), equivalent to 2,641 pesos per month, provided that you meet the following requirements:
- Be between 18 and 67 years of age with 11 months.
- To have involuntarily lost your job after 1 January 2018, credited by the record of recent and complete contributory weeks, not more than 15 days prior to the application for access to the programme, or in the case of no social security benefit, you must submit:
- Citation and Certificate of Follow-up issued by the Office of the Attorney-General for the Defence of Labour of Mexico City, as of 1 January 2018.
- Record of last action, as well as initial statement of employment claim filed with the competent jurisdictional authority, from 1 January 2018.
- Agreement concluded with the Office of the Attorney-General for the Defence of Labour of Mexico City or competent labour authority, from 1 January 2018.
- Work record issued by the work center or employer which must be presented on a letterhead with logo, accompanied by a copy of the recent and updated Tax Status Report of the natural or legal person with business activity (employer) which coincides with the statement in the body of the said Record.
3. To live and have worked for 6 months for a company with a physical and fiscal domicile in Mexico City.
4. Be an active job seeker.
5. Register with the National Employment Service Labour Exchange.
Given the coronavirus contingency (COVID-19) and the National Day of Sana Distancia, the Secretary of Labor and Employment Promotion of Mexico City will attend for now the requests through the digital platform, so, if you need to know more about the topic, in Bandala | Diaz | García we continue to offer you punctual information.