Payment in Partiality of Worker-Employer Dues
On Tuesday, April 21, the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) released a statement, derived from the difficulties to make the payment of workers’ employer dues in response to the health emergency by COVID-19. The IMSS makes available to employers the 800-6232-323 telephone number, as well as the email@example.com e-mail.
However, it is important to mention that you are very careful with the email address since the one that publishes the IMSS has a small error, “warning” the one that we give you is the correct one.
Remember that, for this scheme, the minimum amount to be covered is 20% of the Employers’ Quota and 100% of the Workers’ Quota, employers will be able to choose from the following options:
Deferral period and monthly interest:
- Up to 12 months 1.26%
- From 12 to 24 months 1.53%
- From 24 to 48 months 1.82%
Moreover, the Institute reported that it will not be necessary for the employer to go to a sub-delegation to formalize the agreement, he will only have to send the following documentation to the aforementioned mail.
- Employer identification card.
- Current official identification of the employer, subject or legal representative (INE, passport, professional identity card).
- Constitutive act of the legal person (only the sheets indicating the business name for which it was created, as well as the one containing the folio of the Public Registry of Property and Commerce).
- Power of attorney of the legal representative (only the sheet indicating the power conferred by the legal person, which must be specific for the performance of formalities before public entities or acts of administration).
- Free writing requesting the authorization of the payment in instalments of the employer’s contributions and the time limits for doing so.
Once the information has been verified by the staff of the Institute, the employer will receive by post the draft Convention and deposit form with the corresponding catch line, which can be paid through SPEI to the account 021180550300067765 of HSBC bank.
In Bandala | Díaz | García we continue to offer you timely information of business interest and we continue to advise you on this and other issues.